Verify original ground elevations
Load the original ground survey into the Autograde SPS. Take random shots anywhere on the
site. If the original ground survey is accurate, the Autograde SPS should be reporting
cuts or fills close to zero. If differences exist, save the shots and report them to the
contract administrator for recertification. The Autograde SPS will interact with an
alignment to provide real-time station offsets of every the Autograde SPS shot. These can
be easily compared with the engineers templates.
Because layout points are pre-calculated field time is reduced by eliminating calculating
layout points. The surveyor has more layout time and less field calculation time.
Because layout points are pre-calculated, errors are reduced in the field, eliminating
calculation errors. The Autograde SPS does not use angle distance to perform layout
therefore errors from turning wrong angles are eliminated.
After you have taken your Autograde SPS shot (F2), you can save the shot information by
pressing the save key (F3). The Autograde SPS will save the shot point number, time and
date of the shot, the shot station and offset, northing, easting, elevation, proposed
elevation, cut/fill difference, shot code, and shot note if applicable. These results are
interchangeable with AutoCAD. The Autograde SPS certifies grade real-time
eliminating downtime waiting for certification.
When BDI files are created drawing errors are brought to light. Discrepancies between
architectural and structural drawings are resolved up front before construction starts.
Eliminating field down-time due to drawing errors.
* (Hand Held Data collector with the
Autograde SPS software)
How Does It Work?
1. Construction drawings are made digital.
2. Drawings are loaded into a hand held data collector.
3. The total station is setup anywhere on the site.
4. Sight any two control points and the Autograde SPS will resection its location.
5. Place the prism pole anywhere. Push (F2) and the Autograde SPS gives a real-time
6. Push (F3) and the Autograde SPS saves the shot.
7. Push (F4) and the Autograde SPS directs you to feature lines.
8. Push (F5) and the Autograde SPS directs you to feature points.